Using the software and hardware described here:
- on the TransferPC
- using the suggested 75HC245 to protect the parallel port.
- only 2 probes
I've used these settings to debug the audio circuits of the MEK6800:
- trigger channel: 1 (I wish I could disable triggering)
- pre-trigger delay: 0
- sample size: 2000
- sample period: 2 (this is the resolution, but don't set to 1)
- granularity (read only): 1.65 us.
- zoom: length 5.28 ms
- while sampling, you cannot interact with the PC at all!
- so be careful with continuous mode: you get a brief chance to stop after each sample period (which can be long depending on the settings)
- the sampling first waits for a trigger, i.e. a transition on the trigger channel.