- Atari 800 XL, Serial no. 10333 (CA024808-001 REV.A)
- Atari 1050 disk drive
Donated by a friend.
The computer is in working condition.
Both power supply and SIO cable are missing.
The disk drive is untested as I don't have a SIO cable. The disk drive also lacks a power supply.
- Initially the computer was not functioning, it only showed a black screen. To fix I did with help from the AtariAge forum:
- Reseated all ICs
- Swapped most ICs with a known good 600XL: the 5 big ICs, 2 ROMs, MMU (U3), delay line (U29)
- replaced one RAM chip by a D4164C-15 stolen from a 8088 PC motherboard. This fixed the problem.
- Clean outside.
- Connect the disk drive.
- Find a SIO cable.
- Buy a SIO to PC adapter to exchange data with the outside world.
- Self test: press option while powering on or type 'BYE' from BASIC.